Marine Resources Council’s Green Business Program
MRC’s Green Business Program aims to help local businesses identify, adopt, and maintain money saving, sustainable practices in an effort to protect the Indian River Lagoon.
Green Business Champion Resources
(For Green Business Champions Only; requires password)
Green Business Champions
BlueH2O Irrigation and Landscaping
Go Native Landscaping
The Grounds Guys Landscape Management
Green Wing Lawn & Pest Services
Mowgirl Lawn Care
Join The Program
Local businesses join the program by completing a Green Business Pledge. The pledge focuses on sustainable practices in:
- Solid Waste Disposal and Reduction
- Building/Office Space Activities
- Energy Usage
- Water Conservation
- Restaurant Operations
- Lawn Care Procedures
Through changing common practices to simple, sustainable ones, your business can save money, improve public relations, and help restore the Lagoon!
Take the pledge now:
More About the Pledge
The pledge contains over 100 ways for businesses to become more sustainable. After clicking the link to the pledge, you will fill out your business’s information and begin selecting practices that work best for your business.
The pledge takes about 30 minutes to complete, and you can focus on the parts of the pledge that are most relevant to your business (e.g. energy usage and water conservation). After completing the pledge, you will make a $50 tax-deductible donation to help sustain the program. Once we receive your pledge and donation, a Green Business coordinator will be in contact with you to help you achieve the sustainability goals you selected in the pledge.
Benefits of the Program
- Personal consulting to assist in implementing sustainable practices
- Access to resources and links to aid your business and customers in becoming more sustainable
- Reduced utility costs
- Better public relations through demonstrating you care about the Lagoon
- Decline in waste disposal
- Improved equipment performance
- Green Business stickers and a certificate to display in your place of business
- Advertisement from MRC in the form of social media posts, newsletter spotlights, and website appearances